On behalf of the Governing Body I would like to welcome you to our school website. I would like to inform you about the Governing Body and our role within the school.
Who Are We?
All schools have a Governing Body. It's made up of a group of school employees - Head, Teaching and non-teaching staff representatives - and 10 committed volunteers who bring a variety of skills and experiences to contribute to the continued development and direction for the school.
What Do We Do?
The governing body carries many legal responsibilities for the school, however this only represents part of the overall story. Other key roles include:
- Oversight of the effective delivery of the curriculum
- Monitoring the progress of children throughout their school life
- Developing and monitoring the annual budget and finances
- Long-term planning for the future development of the school
- Ensure effective policies covering areas such as child welfare, recruitment, health & safety etc.
From September 2017 the full Governing Body will meet nine times a year to carry out its work. In addition, there other committees that will meet as required.
*Copies of Governing Body minutes are available from the School Office
In addition to these meetings, governors are visible within the school and play an active part in celebrating in the success of the children. For example:
- Governors are assigned key repsonsibilties to liasie with staff for monitoring purposes
- Being part of everyday school life
- Helping with school activities and events
We will continue to develop the school for the benefit of the children. This is why we do what we do.
A passion and concern for the development of our children are the main requirements for any governor.
We currently have a vacancy that we would like to fill as soon as possible. If you are interested in getting involved as a Governor here at Hart Plain Junior please feel free to contact me via the school office or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Chair of Governors