Home School Link Worker
“Hello, my name is Sarah Atkins. I am the Home School Link Worker at Hart Plain Junior School. Let me tell you a little about my role”.
What does a Home School Link Worker do?
- Act as a link between home and school, including making home visits;
- Offer a range of services to children and families requiring support and information;
- Help children and families to increase school attendance and minimise absences;
- Talk with and support children in school and encourage them, through direct contact, to be positive about their future;
- Support parents to develop and maintain a positive relationship with the school.
What concerns do I deal with?
I am here to support children and families with a wide range of issues and concerns:
- Home circumstances
- Home-School relationships
We know children achieve more when both home and school are working in partnership to support a child’s development. My aim is to encourage and maintain a strong, positive partnership between home and school.
I’m not saying I have all the answers, but sometimes talking over a worry can make all the difference!
If you have any concerns please call into the school and see me or contact me by telephoning 02392 263200 or my email address is: email@example.com.